Bodyassist Gelignite Beads Wrap Strap Pack
Don't worry ... it's not explosive but it will sure keep you warm longer. These new technology packs filled with gel beads deliver long lasting heat (or cold) in this fantastic wrap strap pack. So great to wrap and strap it around many parts of your body so it delivers heat or cold as you go about your business at home or anywhere really.
FEATURES and BENEFITS.
- Unique Gel filled bead technology.
- Gel Beads shape over body area like peas from a freezer.
- Difference is these hold the cold or heat longer.
- Reusable, non-toxic and drip free.
- Microwave and freezer safe.
- Multiple application options for hard to apply areas.
- Pain relief – applying heat can relieve discomfort in an area of pain.
- Ease joint stiffness – improve flexibility by adding heat to your limbs/joints.
- Rapid recovery – increasing blood flow promotes healing of damaged tissue.
- Relaxation – heat therapy soothes and can help alleviate daily stress/anxiety.
- If uncertain if your particular symptom requires COLD or HEAT, please consult professional medical advice prior to use.
- Cold therapy works by reducing blood flow to a particular area.
- Used in cases of soft tissue sprains, strains, body scrapes, burns, headache, migraine, fever, sports injury, eye strain, toothache, insect bites, nose bleeds, heat rash.
- Helps reduce inflammation and swelling that causes pain, especially around a joint or a tendon.
- May temporarily reduce nerve activity, which can also relieve pain.
- People with sensory disorders that prevent feel sensations should not use cold therapy without care.
- Diabetics may experience nerve damage and lessened sensitivity without care.
- Cold therapy should not be used if you have poor circulation.
- Cold therapy incorrectly applied can result in skin, tissue, or nerve damage. If you unsure consult your doctor before using cold therapy.
- Heat therapy works by improving circulation and blood flow over the area where it has been applied.
- Increased temperature over an afflicted area can soothe discomfort and increase muscle flexibility and even heal damaged tissue.
- Stiffness and tension can often be relieved after 15 to 20 minutes of heat therapy.
- Used in cases of arthritis, sinus, muscle spasm, back ache, gout, hay fever, period pain, tension, stress, shoulder injury, neck pain.
- Choose from Lime Green or Teal Blue.
- Pack Size 390 x 190 mm.
- Contains : Glycerin, sodium polyacrylate, water.
- For external use only.
- Discard if punctured.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Remove gel pack and insert into a freezer for at least 2 ½ hours prior to use.
- Ideally we suggest to keep a gel pack in the freezer until you need it.
- Altenatively you may place the gel pack in a mixture of heavily iced water until suitably cold.
- Remove from the freezer or iced water.
- Dry, wrap in a towel or use a cover if provided and apply over the area using RICE guidelines of Rest/Ice/Compression/Elevation after trauma.
- Gel packs are usually applied to an injured or sore area at least 3 times a day for as long as you have pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- In the first 72 hours, it is recommended to ice for 10 minutes, once an hour.
- Heating times are based on an 800W microwave.
- Adjust heating times accordingly to suit the power of your microwave. It may take a few goes to get it right.
- Always heat pack from room temperature - never from frozen.
- Microwave the gel pack ONLY - never the fabric, cover or strap.
- Monitor whilst heating - If the pack swells, turn off the microwave immediately and wait for swelling to subside.
- Place the gel pack flat on the microwave turntable, close the door and heat for 20 seconds on HIGH.
- Remove the gel pack USING AN OVEN GLOVE OR TOWEL and test the temperature.
- If the edges are warm and the middle cold, move the gel around inside the pack to distribute the heat.
- Re-Flatten and return to the microwave for another 10-20 seconds.
- Always keep an eye on it at all times.
- Repeat above steps until desired heat is achieved.
- Once the pack is sufficiently warm, wrap it in a towel or place it in a cover (if available) and lay it over the part of your body that needs the heat.
Please pay close attention to these points.
- Don't make the pack too hot so as to risk burning yourself.
- Medically, there is no advantage to anything more than gentle warmth.
- Don’t heat the pack for more than 10-20 seconds at a time.
- The plastic may melt at the edges if heated too aggressively.
- Short bursts are best.
- In the unlikely event that you damage the pack, allow the gel to cool completely before attempting to clean it up.
- Don’t panic – the gel is 100% non-toxic.
- Always handle a HOT pack through a towel, glove or cover and do not apply a HOT pack directly to the skin without protection.
- When using do not put weight on the pack by sitting on the gel pack.
- Breakage/leakage may occur.